Make it recycle ready
- empty any remaining food.
- remove metal lid.
- don't include any broken glass. Find out how to dispose of broken glass.
Where do jars go next?
They will be:
- collected by your local council’s kerbside recycling truck.
- taken to a recycling sorting facility.
- separated from other recyclables, such as plastic and cardboard.
- taken to a glass treatment facility and washed, sorted by colour, then crushed and melted.
- taken to a manufacturer to be made into new products.
Want to recycle something else?
Search for another item to find out if it can go in your home recycling bin or if it needs to be dropped off somewhere else.
Thank you for your feedback
Oops, it looks like something went wrong. Please try again.